AFM Glass Media Vessels
AFM Glass Media Vessel is used to capture sediment, dirt, rust and other particles from water.
The Glass media will filter the water down to around 3 micron (same as most "throw away" cartridges).
The glass media is reusable and can be backwashed to remove the particles captured inside.
The AFM Glass media has several advantages over the normal silica sand used to remove particles and dirt:
- The AFM Glass Media has a life span of up to 20 years, before the media needs to be replaced. Whereas silica sand only typically last 1 to 5 years before needing replacement, depending on the source water quality.
- Where silica sand and other types of cleanable / reusable filter systems typically filter water to around a maximum of 20 microns, AFM Glass media filters the water down to around 3 micron (Glass media 0.5 to 1mm).
- The AFM Glass Media is Negativily charged to help absorb some organic molecules from water.
- The AFM Glass media has a metal oxide catalysts, which helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the media and so increases the life span of the media.
- The Standard Glass Media Vessels, are 50, 75, and 100 Litre size vessels. Please note larger vessels are avaliable for larger flow rate requirments, please contact us to get prices.
AFM Glass Media Grades
Glass Media Vessel Normal Operation and Backwashing.
During Normal operation water flows into the top of vessel, and travels all the way to the bottom of the vessel. As the water flows down through the vessel, all the particles, rust, dirt, mud, and other sediment is captured between the glass media granules. The water then enters the bottom strainer, flows up the riser pipe, and out the top of the vessel.
Glass Media Vessel Sizes
50 Litre AFM Glass Media Vessel
- 10 x 54" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 1 Bag of Grade 1 Glass Media and 1 Bag of Grade 0 Glass Media
- For Flow Rates +/- 1000 Litres Per Hour
75 Litre AFM Glass Media Vessel
- 13 x 54" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 2 Bag of Grade 1 Glass Media, and 1 Bag of Grade 0 Glass Media
- For Flow Rates +/- 2000 Litres Per Hour
100 Litre AFM Glass Media Vessel
- 14 x 65" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 1 Bag of Grade 2 Glass Media, 1 Bags of Grade 1 Glass Media, and 2 Bag of Grade 0 Glass Media
- For Flow Rates +/- 3000 Litres Per Hour
Valve Head Options
Manual Valve Head
- Does not require any power.
- Backwashing must be done manually.
- Requires an electrical source to operate (normal 2 pin or 3 pin plug)
- Can be set to automatically backwash the vessel, with either fleck or digital time.
- Please note the Automatic valve will either be a fleck or digital valve, depending on stock avaliablity. A manual for programing the valve head will be provided with the unit.