Deep Bed Sand Filter Vessels
- Deep Bed Sand Filter is used to capture sediment, dirt, rust and other particles from water.
- The Silica Sand Held Inside of the vessel, filters to a nominal micron rating of 100 Micron.
- The silica sand is reusable and can be back washed to remove the particles captured inside.
- The Silica sand will have to be replaced every 2 to 5 years, depending on the quality of the source water.Typically the silica sand will need to be replaced because of blockage or bacterial/micro organism growth on the surface of the silica sand. The sand can be purchased from pool shops or builders warehouse.
- The Deep Bed Sand Filter vessels are more effective at sediment removal than the standard short stubby pool sand filter units. This is because the water has to flow through all the sand from the top of the vessel, right to the bottom of the vessel. This means that the water has a longer exposure time to the sand, and so more particles, dirt, rust, and sediment will be captured.
Deep Bed Sand Filter Vessel Normal Operation and Backwashing
During Normal, operation water flows into the top of the vessel and travels all the way to the bottom of the vessel. As the water flows down through the vessel, all the particles, rust, dirt, mud, and other sediment is captured between the filter sand granules. The water then enters the bottom strainer, flows up the riser pipe, and out the top of the vessel.
Deep Bed Sand Filter Vessel Sizes
25 Litre Media Vessel
- 8 x 44" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 1 Bag of Silica Filter Sand
- For Flow Rates +/- 1000 Litres Per Hour
50 Litre Media Vessel
- 10 x 54" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 2 bags of Silica Filter Sand
- For Flow Rates +/- 1500 Litres Per Hour
75 Litre Media Vessel
- 13 x 54" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 3 Bags of Silica Sand
- For Flow Rates +/- 2500 Litres Per Hour
100 Litre Media Vessel
- 14 x 65" Fibre Glass Vessel
- Holds 4 Bags of Silica Sand
- For Flow Rates +/- 3500 Litres Per Hour
Valve Head Options
Manual Valve Head
- Does not require any power.
- Backwashing must be done manually.
- Requires an electrical source to operate (requires a normal 2 pin or 3 pins plug)
- Can be set to automatically backwash the vessel, with either fleck or digital time.
- Please note the Automatic valve will either be a fleck or digital valve, depending on stock availability. A manual for programming the valve head will be provided with the unit.
How to install the Deep Bed Sand Filter Vessel
Programming the Digital Automatic Valve Head