Double Stage Home System on a Stand
The Double Stage Home Water Filtration is a simple and inexpensive way of removing unwanted particles from a water supply.
Depending on the Filter Set You Select on the Double Stage Big Blue System, the system may also remove chlorine, heavy metals, and some bacteria from the source water.
With this Option the Big Blue are pre-built on to a single stand unit, making it easy to move and easy to install with just a single inlet and outlet. The stand bracket also gives the option of either having the system stand on the ground or have it mounted onto a wall.
Please note that the construction time on the Double Stage system on a Stand is 2 to 3 working days, from when payment is received.
- All the water supplied to your house is filtered
- Removes chemicals such as chlorine
- Filtrated water tastes and smells great
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- No water wasted during filtration
- Low maintenance
- Relatively low filter replacement cost
- No electricity required
- Large filtration capacity
- Low-cost filtration solution
Keep in mind:
- These systems are not ideal for situations with heavy bacteria levels. while the 1 Micron and 0.2 Micron Filters will capture some bacteria, we would recommend that you would rather want to consider a more advanced filtration system, such as the Complete Home Ultra Filtration (UF) Systems or Complete Home Ultra Violet (UV) Systems.
- Minerals and pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit.
- You will require some plumbing knowledge and experience to install the system successfully.
- These systems typically filter water at a peak flow rate of 2400 liters per hour.
- The Filter housings have a maximum operating pressure of 90 psi. If you suspect that your water pressure will at any time exceed 80 psi, a pressure regulator MUST BE INSTALLED before the filter housing. This action will guard against the water pressure exceeding the maximum pressure rating. It is recommended that the pressure regulator is set at 70 psi or less.
- Protect the filter housing from freezing, as this can cause the housing to crack.
Installation of the Double Stage Big Blue System on a stand
- Approximate Dimensions of the Double stage system on a stand is 78cm x 41cm x 20cm
Filter Set Options
There are several different combinations of filters that can be used in the Double Stage Big Blue System.
*Please keep in mind that the Life Span of the Filter Cartridges is dependent on the quality of the source water, in situations with very poor quality source water the life spans will much lower.
20 Inch Big Sediment Filter (1 Micron) & 20 Inch Big Carbon Block (Life Span: 3 to 6 months*)
20 Inch Big Sediment Filter (1 Micron) & 20 Inch Big KDF Cartridge (Life Span: 6 to 24 months*)
20 Inch Big Sediment Filter (1 Micron) & 20 Inch Big Pleated Filter (0.2 Micron) (Life Span: 3 to 12 months*)
20 Inch Big Sediment Filter (5 Micron) & 20 Inch Big Sediment Filter (1 Micron) (Life Span: 3 to 6 months*)
Replacement Filter Costs
Arkal Disc Filter
The Disc filter would be installed before the complete home big blue system.
The disc filter will remove any large sediment, dirt, rust, sand and other large visible particles in the water.
The disc filter will also help to extend the lifespan of your finer particle filters, by leaving only the smaller particles and colors for the Sediment Filters to remove.
The disc filter’s cartridge is reusable, and once it becomes filled you simply open the housing, remove the cartridge, wash it under a tap and then replace it in the housing.
The Disc Filter is available in the following options:
- 1 Inch Disc Filter (55 Micron)
- 1 Inch Super Disc Filter (55 Micron)
- 2 Inch Disc Filter (20 Micron)
* The main difference between the three options is the surface areas, with the 1 Inch Disc Filter having the smallest and the 2 Inch Disc Filter having the largest. This simply means that the 2 Inch Disc Filter would need to be washed less often than the 1 Inch units.
The 2 Inch Disc Filter also filters to a finer level, than the 1-inch Units.
Stainless Steel Bracket Frame
The Standard Big Blue system comes with a mild steel Powder coated frame, which is suitable for most situations.
However, when installed outdoors especially coastal regions the frame can start to rust and eventually perish.
There is an option of upgrading the frame to Stainless Steel, which will not rust.
We would especially recommend this option for those clients living at the coast (like in Cape Town, or Durban, Etc).
Please note that the stainless steel frames are typically built to order, if there is none in stock then new ones will need to be made. Lead time is typically 1 week, depending on the availability of Stainless Steel.
By-pass piping setup
Adding a bypass to the system allows you to divert the flow of water around the system if you need to conduct maintenance on the system.