Double under the counter system
The Double under the counter System is installed under the counter and is easy to maintain.
The Double under the counter system will remove sediment, mud, dirt, rust, chlorine, heavy metals and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Filtered water tastes and smells great
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- Removes chemicals such as Chlorine
- No water wasted during filtration
- Low maintenance
- Low filter replacement cost
- No electricity required
Keep in mind:
- If the water in your area is of poor quality, you may want to consider the Home Reverse Osmosis System or the Home Ultra Violet Filtration System.
- A hole must be drilled into the kitchen counter to install the system's faucet.
- The 5 Micron Sediment Filter and Premium KDF set needs to be replaced every 24 months. Keep in mind that the 24 month life span is based on municipality quality water, depending on the quality of your water source the life span of the filters may be a great deal less.
- Minerals are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit. Should this be a concern, consider installing the Home Reverse Osmosis System.
- Systems that has a GAC (carbon) or KDF as the final filter in the setup will require a lot of flushing initially to remove the carbon dust from the filter.
Installation of the Double Under the counter system
- Approximate Dimensions of Double Under the Counter System are 30cm x 14cm x 33cm
- The System includes 5 metres of 1/4" piping (Additional Piping avaliable in the options)
How does it work?
Below is a discription of how the Double Stage Under the counter system with the 10 Inch Sediment filter and 10 Inch KDF Cartridge works:
Pressure Reducing Valve:
The system and its housings are rated for a maximum pressure of 6 bars, higher than that and the housing will crack or "bulge". If you have very high water pressure or you know that your source pressure is prone to sudden pressure spikes then it is strongly recommended that you get a pressure reducing valve.
The Pressure reducing valve will keep the incoming pressure from exceeding 6 bar and so prevent the unit from being damaged.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be caused by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
Please follow the link to more information on the LEAK DETECTOR.
High Quality Filter Housings:
The filter housings used on this system is very low cost to keep the total cost of the system as low as possible. We do however feel that these housings are borderline in terms of quality as they sometimes require a few attempts to get them to seal perfectly when replacing filters. For this reason we offer an option of high quality filter housings that will mitigate the issues and have a longer lifespan.
Ultra Violet (UV) Light Filter:
The double under the counter system does not have a stage for removing bacteria and so to kill bacteria, you can have a Ultra Violet (UV) Light filter added to the Double under the counter system.The 10 Watt stainless Steel UV light with its own power source.
- The UV light's Bulb has a life span of One Year.
- Keep in mind that the UV light addition will require an electrical source in order to operate.
- The 10 watt UV Bulb would be R 450.00 to replace.
Chilling and Heating options
Are you looking to have your filtered water chilled and heated then there are several options avaliable:
Plumbed in water dispenser
We have several variations of plumbed in water dispensers avaliable, all of which can be connected directly up to the filter system allowing you to chill and heat the filtered water.
Ideal for office, commercial and domestic situations.
You can find more information on the plumbed in water dispensers at the following link.