Industrial Double Stage Big Blue Systems
The Double Stage Big Blue Industrial Systems are simple and inexpensive ways of removing sediment, dirt, sand, mud, rust, chlorine and organic molecules from water.
The Double Stage Big Blue system has a flow rating of 800 to 2400 Litres Per Hour depending on the type of filters used and the quality of the source water.
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- No water wasted during filtration
- Low maintenance
- Relatively low filter replacement cost
- No electricity required
- Large filtration capacity
- Low cost filtration solution
Keep in mind:
- These systems do not remove bacteria and other micro-organisms that may be in the water. If bacterial removal is required then we would recommend looking at the other Industrial systems such as Reverse Osmosis, Nano Filtration, Ultra Filtration or Ultra Violet.
- Minerals and pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit.
- You will require some plumbing knowledge and experience to install the system successfully.
- The Filter housings have a maximum operating pressure of 90 psi. If you suspect that your water pressure will at any time exceed 80 psi, a pressure regulator MUST BE INSTALLED before the filter housing. This action will guard against the water pressure exceeding the maximum pressure rating. It is recommend that the pressure regulator be set at 70 psi or less.
- Protect the filter housings from freezing, as this can cause the housings to crack.
Filter Set Options
Option 1: 1 Micron Sediment & Activated Carbon Block
Option 2: 1 Micron Sediment Filter and KDF
Option 3: 1 Micron Sediment Filter and 0.2 Micron
Option 4: 5 Micron Sediment Filter and 1 Micron
The Disc Filter (55 Micron)
The Disc filter is ideal for water sources that have high turbidity levels, in other words lots of dirt, sediment and mud.
The disc filter filters to 55 microns.
The disc filter will remove any large sediment, dirt, rust, sand and other large visible particles in the water.
The disc filter will also help to extend the life span of your finer particle filters.
The disc filter’s cartridge is made of a durable plastic and is reusable, and once it becomes full you simply open the housing, remove the cartridge, wash it under a tap and then replace it in the housing.
The Industrial UV system will make no change to the hardness (calcium / kalk) level in the water, so any these case we recommend pairing it with a water softener
The water softener is required for situations where the source water has a very high Hardness Level (Calcium / kalk / lime).
The water softener removes the hardness by exchanging the lime in the water for normal coarse salt. The salt is easier for the RO membrane to deal with, and does not have as hard an impact on the life span of the membrane.
The softener needs to run a “regeneration” cycle on a regular basis, which can be automatically set on the unit’s valve. During the “regeneration cycle” the softener backwashes the resin, removing the lime and magnesium caught inside. The Softener then draws salt from the brine tank to recoat the resin, the softener is then ready for the filtration cycle. The frequency of the regeneration cycles will depend on the hardness level and the flow rate.
The Salt inside the brine tank is just the normal coarse salt, which can be purchased from any builder’s warehouse or pool shop. How often the salt needs to be replaced, will depend on how often the regeneration cycle is run.
The resin inside the vessel should last for between 3 - 5years, depending on the quality of the water source.