Triple Stage Fridge Filter System
The triple Stage Fridge Filter System is installed behind the fridge and is easy to maintain.
The Triple Stage Fridge Filter System will remove sediment, mud, dirt, rust, chlorine, heavy metals and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
The system has a bracket so can be wall mounted.
- Filtered water tastes and smells great
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- Removes chemicals such as Chlorine
- No water wasted during filtration
- Low maintenance
- Low filter replacement cost
- No electricity required
Keep in mind:
- If the water in your area is of poor quality, you may want to consider the Home Reverse Osmosis System or the Home Ultra Violet Filtration System.
- The 1 Micron Sediment Filter, Premium KDF and 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter set needs to be replaced every 12 - 24 months. Keep in mind that the 12 month life span is based on a good municipality quality water, depending on the quality of your water source the life span of the filters may be a great deal less. Flushing the first two filters and then adding the final one also improves the filters lifespan.
- Minerals are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit. Should this be a concern, consider installing the Home Reverse Osmosis System.
How does it work?
Below is a discription of how the Triple Stage Under the counter system with the 10 Inch Sediment filter,10 Inch KDF and 0.2 Micron Pleated works:
0.2 Micron Pleated Water Filter has replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain
Installation in Pretoria or Johannesburg
We have an agreement with a 3rd party plumbing company for fixed priced installations for standard installations. This allows us to offer installation as an option via our online store. This should cover most situations but as it is a 3rd party company that will be performing the actual installation of your system if additional work or parts are required the installer will have to be paid for this directly.
Please ensure that you have read through the description in detail and that you have selected the correct product options for your situation as the plumbers would only be able to advise you on installation and not on the filters themselves.
Possible Concerns or Issues that might affect pricing of the installation
- Insufficient Space for the system
- Not enough pipe
- Rotten Cupboards
- Incorrect Pipe Sizes for the supply connector selected
- Old Pipes/ connections
- Over pressure and didn’t select a protection valve (will then need buy a Pressure Protection Valve at extra cost)
Pressure Reducing Valve:
The system and its housings are rated for a maximum pressure of 6 bars, higher than that and the housing will crack or "bulge". If you have very high water pressure or you know that your source pressure is prone to sudden pressure spikes then it is strongly recommended that you get a pressure reducing valve.
The Pressure reducing valve will keep the incoming pressure from exceeding 6 bar and so prevent the unit from being damaged.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be caused by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
Please follow the link to more information on the LEAK DETECTOR.
High Quality Filter Housings:
The filter housings used on this system is very low cost to keep he total cost of the system as low as possible. We do however feel that these housings are borderline in terms of quality as they sometimes require a few attempts to get them to seal perfectly when replacing filters. For this reason we offer an option of high quality filter housings that will mitigate the issues and have a longer lifespan.