Bronze Under-Counter Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis (RO) system is one of the most complete under the counter systems available. It has the ability to eliminate up to 99.8% of harmful contaminants in water such as bacteria, viruses, lead, radium, chlorine and arsenic. It makes use of a multi-stage filtration technology.
With the RO system, you can be rest assured that your drinking water is clean, clear and healthy.
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis system is recommended for Municipal Source Waters Only. If you want to use an alternative source water such as a Boreholes or Rivers, then we would recommend looking at the Silver Reverse Osmosis system or Gold Reverse Osmosis system.
Alternatively you can design your own Custom Domestic RO System Package.
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis System (RO) Includes the following:
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system (with or without a Booster Pump)
- 100 GPD (Gallons Per Day) Vontron Membrane
- Standard Pre-Filters for Municipal water (Sediment Filter, Granular Activated Carbon (GAC), & Activated Carbon Block)
- Pressure Protection Valve
Also Avaliable on Takealot.com
If you would like to Purchase this product using a Credit Card Online, or with eBucks, or with Discovery Miles some of them are also avaliable on Takealot.com*.
Please follow the link below:
*Please Note That the Prices and Specifications of the products supplied through Takealot may differ from those on Filtershop's Website.
- Maintenance is easy and low cost
- Filtered water tastes and smells great.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible
- Removes 99.8% of all contaminants in water
- Flushing of the membrane is done Automatically
- The low mineral content water is great for detoxifying your body
- The low mineral content water helps to prevent and dissolve kidney stones
- Delivers up to 380 Liters (100 Gallons) of filtered water per day
Bronze Reverse Osmosis system Stages:
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter - Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) - Absorbs Chlorine and Organic molecules (bad odours) from the water.
- Stage 3: 10 Inch Activated Carbon Block - Further Reduces Chlorine and Organic Molecules in the source water. Also comes with a 5 micron carbon to capture any carbon that breaks off.
- Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane - Removes bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and reduces the mineral content (TDS) of a water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odour filter - Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the RO membrane.
Keep in mind:
- The Under the Counter RO requires a minimum of 3 bar water pressure to operate correctly, if you water pressure is low then you will need a system with a Booster pump. Keep in mind that the Booster Pump will require electricity to operate.
- The system has a water wastage rate of up to 4:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 Liter of clean, filtered water produced, up to 4 liters will be used to flush the system.
- The RO System removes 99.8% of the minerals from water, including those that are good for you. However, a mineral injector can be added to the system to replace some of the minerals if this is of serious concern.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration systems is to check which pipe under the counter is bringing the water to the tap and what size the source piping is. The standard household piping size is normally 1/2" (12.7mm) or 3/4" (19mm) thick. Some older houses have copper piping size instead of a newer system and in such cases special attachment will be required to install the RO to the copper piping. In order to ensure that you do not have to buy additional adapters due the connections not matching the piping, please check what type and size your piping is before ordering a filtration system.
- A hole will have to be drilled into the counter or table where the RO tap will be placed.
- The filters all have a certian life span and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively, specifically the Sediment filter, Granular Activated Carbon, Carbon Block and T33 Carbon (Taste & Odour Filter) which must be replaced every 6 to 8 months.
- If the source water contains bacteria it may start to grow on the membrane and biofouling may occur.
What's in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10" Sediment Filter
- 10" Granular Activated Carbon
- 10" Activated Carbon Block with 5 Micron Filter
- Reverse Osmosis membrane (100 Gallon per day)
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White tubing
- 3 x 10" Filter housings
- RO Membrane Housing
- RO Tank
- Chrome Tap
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves)
- Flow restrictor
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
Not Included in the prices:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. Courier / Shipping Charges)
- Replacement Filters
Pressure Protection Valve
Filter Set Options
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis System comes with Sediment Filter, GAC, and Activated Carbon Block
- Silver and Gold Reverse Osmosis Systems come with either Sediment Filter, KDF, & Ultra Filtration (UF) cartridge, or Sediment Filter, & 2 x KDF Cartridges
How To DIY Install:
DIY Filter Change:
Interesting DIY Modification:
This is an alternative way to connect the system that allows a much higher flow rate from the tap.
Adds an alternative water point.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be cause by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
Installation in Pretoria or Johannesburg
We have an agreement with a 3rd party plumbing company for fixed priced installations for standard installations. This allows us to offer installation as an option via our online store. This should cover most situations but as it is a 3rd party company that will be performing the actual installation of your system if additional work or parts are required the installer will have to be paid for this directly.
Please ensure that you have read through the description in detail and that you have selected the correct product options for your situation as the plumbers would only be able to advise you on installation and not on the filters themselves.
If you have a marble or granite counter top please select the additional option if you want to faucet mounted in the counter top.
Possible Concerns or Issues that might affect pricing of the installation
- Insufficient Space for the system
- Not enough pipe
- Rotten Cupboards
- Incorrect Pipe Sizes for the supply connector selected
- Old Pipes/ connections
- Electricity and water supply needs to be easily accessible.
- Over pressure and didn’t select a protection valve (will then need buy a Pressure Protection Valve at extra cost)
Note however that 90% of our clients normally do a DIY Installations and the kits are designed with that in mind.