29 Watt / 1800LPH UV Light with weatherproof Counter Box (Wonder Light HC-480B)
- The UV lights kill bacteria and other organisms in the water, using Ultra Violet (UV) rays.
- The HC-480B UV Light comes with a weatherproof counter box which will protect the ballast from the elements, as well as indicate how many hours the UV light has been running.
- The Bulb (Lamp) inside the UV Lights typically have a lifespan of one year and then must be replaced, regardless of the size of the UV Lamp.
- When Replacing UV Bulbs remember that the UV bulb is fragile and must be handled with care.
- UV Bulbs are rated by both Wattage and capacity or Liter Per Hour (LPH)
- Our UV bulbs have 4-pins on one side and the other side of the bulb just has an end cap
- The main difference between the HC-480 and HC-480B UV light is that the HC-480B comes with a weatherproof control box, while the HC-480 only has a standard Ballast.
Keep in mind
- Keep in mind that as the UV light runs the bulb will generate heat. If water stands inside of the light for some time then it will come out warm/hot.
- The UV Lights warranty does not cover damage due to power surges or Lightning Strikes. It is strongly recommended that a Surge Protector is installed before the UV Light to Protect the Ballast against Power Surges or Lightning Strikes.
- The UV light's are designed to operate for 24hours a day if you do not want the light to run all the time, then we would suggest installing a timer at the plug point to turn the light on and off as required.
Maximum Flow Rating: 1800 Litres Per Hour
Maximum Pressure: 6 bar / 90psi
Inlet/Outlet Port Sizes: Male 1/2" / 15mm Thread
Dimensions: Packaging - 87cm x 22cm x 8cm & 40cm x 35cm x 21cm (Two Boxes)
Stainless Steel Housing - 69.5cm x 10.8cm
Packaging Weight: 2.3kg & 2.9kg