Gold Under-Counter Nano Filtration System
The Nano Filtration system is one of the most complete under the counter systems available. It has the ability to eliminate a large amount of contaminants such as bacteria, virus, chlorine, rust and pesticides. Like Reverse Osmosis (RO) the Nanofiltration (NF) membrane removes calcium (also called lime or kalk) and about half the salt from water, however unlike the RO membrane Nanofiltration preserves the minerals in the water.
With the Nano Filtration system, you can rest assured that your drinking water is clean, clear and healthy.
The Gold Nano Filtration system can be used with numerous source waters including Municipal, Borehole Hole, River, Rain Water, Etc.
The Gold Nano Filtration System Includes the following:
- 5 Stage Nano Filtration system (with or without a Booster Pump)
- Nano Filtration Membrane
- Bacteria Pre-Filters Set (Sediment Filter (1 Micron), Premium KDF, & Ultra Filtration Cartridge)
- Pressure Protection Valve
- Maintenance is easy and low cost
- Filtered water tastes and smells great
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible.
- Removes calcium (lime or kalk) from water
- Flushing of the membrane is done automatically
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- Delivers up to 700 liters of filtered water per day
Gold Nano Filtration system Stages:
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter (1 Micron) - Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water. At 1 Micron You also start to capture some bacteria from the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Premium KDF Cartridge - Absorbs Chlorine, Heavy Metals and Organic molecules (bad odours) from the water. The KDF also inhibits the Growth of bacteria on the cartridges, extending their life spans.
- Stage 4: Nano Filtration Membrane - Removes bacteria, viruses, pesticides, and herbicides. The Nano Membrane also reduces the mineral content by only half, preserving at lot of minerals in the water. The Nano will also remove Kalk / Hardness from the water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odour filter - Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the Nano membrane.
Keep in mind:
- The system has a water wastage rate of 1:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 litre of clean, filtered water produced, 1 litre will be used to flush the system.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration system is to check, which pipe under the counter is bringing the water to the tap and what size the source piping is. The standard household piping size is normally ½ inch (12.7mm) or ¾ inch (19 mm) thick. Some older houses have copper piping instead of newer systems and in such cases special attachments will be required to install the Nano to the copper piping. In order to ensure that you do not have to buy additional adaptors due to the connections not matching the piping, please check what type and size your piping is before ordering a filtration system.
- A hole will have to be drilled into the counter or table where the NF’s tap will be placed.
- The filters all have a certain life span and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively, specifically the Sediment filter, Granular Activated Carbon, Carbon block and T33 Carbon (Taste and odour filter) which must be changed every 6 months.
- The Nano system requires a water pressure of between 3 and 6 bars (50 to 100 psi) to operate. If your water pressure is lower than 3 bar (- 50 psi), we recommend that you consider the Nano system with the booster pump.
What's in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10" Sediment Filter
- 10" Premium KDF Cartridge
- 10" 0.2 Micron Water Filter replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain. This filter takes the bacteria load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend it's life span.
- Nano Filtration Membrane 1812
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White tubing
- 3 x 10" Filter housings
- Membrane Housing
- Buffer Tank
- Chrome Tap
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves)
- Flow restrictor
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
Not Included in the prices:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. Courier / Shipping Charges)
- Replacement Filters
Pressure Protection Valve
Filter Set Options
- Silver Nano Filtration System comes with Sediment Filter, GAC, and Activated Carbon Block
- Gold Nano Filtration System come with either Sediment Filter, KDF, & Ultra Filtration (UF) cartridge, or Sediment Filter, & 2 x KDF Cartridges
How To DIY Install:
DIY Filter Change:
Interesting DIY Modification:
This is an alternative way to connect the system that allows a much higher flow rate from the tap.
Adds an alternative water point.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be cause by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
The Standard RO System comes with an 18 Litre RO Buffer Tank, which will hold between 6 to 12 liters of water. The tank can be upgraded to a larger tank is desired.
Please note that the standard tank will be removed from the system if a larger tank is selected.
Please also note that the larger tank will not fit in the same box as the RO system, so there would then be two parcels.
Please see the tank Dimensions for the larger tanks below, please note that Filtershop cannot be held responsible if the tank is too large for the cupboard or area you want to install the RO system into.
Installation in Pretoria or Johannesburg
We have an agreement with a 3rd party plumbing company for fixed priced installations for standard installations. This allows us to offer installation as an option via our online store. This should cover most situations but as it is a 3rd party company that will be performing the actual installation of your system if additional work or parts are required the installer will have to be paid for this directly.
Please ensure that you have read through the description in detail and that you have selected the correct product options for your situation as the plumbers would only be able to advise you on installation and not on the filters themselves.
If you have a marble or granite counter top please select the additional option if you want to faucet mounted in the counter top.
Possible Concerns or Issues that might affect the pricing of the installation
- Insufficient Space for the system
- Not enough pipe
- Rotten Cupboards
- Incorrect Pipe Sizes for the supply connector selected
- Old Pipes/ connections
- Electricity and water supply needs to be easily accessible.
- Overpressure and didn’t select a protection valve (will then need to buy a Pressure Protection Valve at extra cost)
Note however that 90% of our clients normally do a DIY Installations and the kits are designed with that in mind.