- pH: 6.5 to 8.5
- Maximum Hardness: <1300ppm
- Temperature: 5°C to 60°C
- Maximum Chlorine: <3.0 ppm
- Maximum Iron: <0.3 ppm
- Maximum Manganese: <0.05 ppm
- Hydrogen Sulfide should not be present
- Phosphates should not be present
- Oil and grease should not be present
How OneStop Plus Media Works
OneStop Plus Whole House System Flow Rate
The OneStop Plus Whole House System is rated for a maximum flow rate of 2200 Litres Per Hour, which is high enough for a household with 1 to 2 showers.
However, if your household has more than 2 showers then the system may not be able to handle the peak flow rates of your household.
In such cases, we would recommend installing two or more of the OneStop Plus units in parallel (Such as the setup below) to increase the total flow rate capacity of the system.
OneStop Plus Systems in comparison to other Anti-Scale Prevention Methods
OneStop Media Effectiveness on Heavy Metals.
As well as helping to control Scale in a source water, the OneStop Filtration Media will also remove heavy metals from the water, including Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Copper, and Zinc.
Keep in mind that the effectiveness of the OneStop Media to remove heavy metals from the water will depend on the actual water quality as well as the flow rate (Litres per minute/per hour) through the system.
Typically the OneStop Media has an effective removal rate of 30 to 60% depending on the specific metal and flow rate. Please see below an exsert from a water test done showing the effectiveness of the OneStop Media against heavy metals.
Maintenance (Replacement Periods)
The OneStop Plus Media Cartridges have a 6 to 12-month* lifespan before they need to be replaced.
*The Replacement Period will depend on both the flow rate through the systems, as well as the quality of the source water.
The OneStop Plus Whole House system uses a refillable cartridge, so you do not need to replace the whole cartridge unit. Instead, you will purchase a "drum" of OneStop Media. Empty the old media out of the refillable cartridge, then pour the new media into it.
Flow Ratings for the Different OneStop Variations
Keep In Mind
- Do not use OneStop PlusTM in closed loop systems
- Do not use OneStop PlusTM before a storage tank. After 72 hours the water will re-dissolve the crystals back into solution and it will be able to form scale again.
- Do not use OneStop PlusTM in steam boilers
- Do not undersize or oversize the OneStop PlusTM system. It needs to be sized according to flow rate to achieve bed lift and maximize efficiency.
- Incoming water should be tested to meet the influent water chemistry requirements
- Water containing heavy loads of dirt should be prefiltered prior to the system.
- Do not install after copper/zinc redox alloy medias
- It does not prevent water spotting or mineral residue build upon areas that are repetitively wet and dry. That is a product of evaporation.
- Adding chemicals to water that has been treated by OneStop PlusTM may counter its treatment effects.
- Systems installed on or above a second story should also have a vacuum breaker.
A By-pass loop piping setup can be ordered with the OneStop Plus system as well. This will allow you to conduct maintenance on the OneStop Plus system, without needing to cut off water flow going to the household.