Premium 1800LPH Complete Home UV Filtration Solution (Loose Components)
Ultra Violet (UV) light has proved to be very effective in destroying harmful bacteria and viruses in water. UV and filtration provide a safe and simple way to ensure your drinking water is of high quality.
Our Ultra Violet Filtration System is a complete water filtration solution that includes special filters to ensure that it produces healthy, clean water.
The 1800LPH UV System is ideal for a household of 1 to 2 people.
The Premium 1800LPH Complete Home system includes a weatherproof counter box for the UV light's ballast, making it ideal for outdoor installations.
Filter System includes:
- Either a Double Or Triple Big Blue Bracket (Dependent on Filter Set Select)
- Select Pre Filter Cartridges
- 1800lph / 29watt UV Light (Wonder Light HC-480) with Weather Proof Counter Box
- Big Housing Spanner
- Installation fittings or piping (to be sourced by the installer)
- Mounting Bolts or Screws
UV light kills harmful micro-organisms in the water
Filtered water tastes and smells great
Promotes a healthy lifestyle
Preserve the natural minerals in the water
Removes impurities and chemicals such as Chlorine
No water wasted during filtration
Makes use of your existing plumbing and taps
Large filtration capacity
Does not require weekly maintenance
Keep in mind:
The system requires a source of electricity to operate.
- We strongly recommend installing a Surge protect on the UV light's plug, to prevent damage due to lightning strikes or power surges. Please keep in mind that the UV light's warranty does not cover damage due to lightning or power surges.
You will require plumbing knowledge and experience to install the system successfully, alternatively, a normal plumber will be able to install the system as well.
- We strongly recommend installing a pressure protect valve before the system to prevent damage due to high pressure or pressure spikes.
The water needs to be filtered before it enters the UV chamber.
The Complete Home Ultra Violet Filtration System has a higher running cost when compared to the Complete Home Ultra Filtration (UF) System.
This system contains fragile parts that need to be installed and handled with care.
Minerals and pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in the UV filtration system. Should this be a concern, consider installing the Home Reverse Osmosis System.
You may need to install restrictor valve to set the source water flow rate to the capacity of your particular UV Filtration System.
Since the transformer is an electrical device, take care to ensure that it is protected from moisture to prevent an electrical shortage.
The Ultraviolet Light bulb needs replacement once a year. Even though it may still appear to function well after this period, it will start to become less effective at killing bacteria and other micro-organisms.
The Filter housings have a maximum operating pressure of 90 psi. If you suspect that your water pressure will at any time exceed 80 psi, a pressure regulator MUST BE INSTALLED before the filter housing. This action will guard against the water pressure exceeding the maximum pressure rating. It is recommended that the pressure regulator is set at 70 psi or less.
Protect the filter housing from freezing, as this can cause the housing to crack.
Installation of the 1800 LPH Ultra Violet (UV) System (loose Components)
- The UV Light can be installed Vertically or Horizontally.
- The big blue stand units allow you to either mount the big blues to a wall or have them standing on the ground.
- The double big blue stand is cm x cm x cm and the Triple Big Blue Stand is cm x cm x cm.
- The Dimensions of the 1800LPH Stainless Steel UV Housing are cm x cm x cm
- There are several different pre-filters that can be selected and used with the Ultra Violet (UV) system.
- Depending on the Pre-filter set selected the system will either come with two Big Blue Housings (2xBB) or three Big Blue Housings (3xBB).
Ultra Violet System with Double Stage Pre-filters (2xBB)
Option 1: 1 Micron Sediment FIlter & Activated Carbon Filter
Option 2: 1 Micron Sediment Filter & Premium KDF Cartridge
Option 3: 1 Micron Sediment Filter & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 4: 5 Micron Sediment Filter & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Ultra Violet System with Triple Stage Pre-filters (3xBB)
Option 1: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, Activated Carbon Block, & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Option 2: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, KDF Cartridge, & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Option 3: 1 Micron Sediment Filter, Activated Carbon Block, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 4: 1 Micron Sediment Filter, Premium KDF Cartridge, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 5: 1 Miron Sediment Filter, and 2 x Activated Carbon Blocks
Option 6: 1 Micron Sediment Filter, and 2 x Premium KDF Cartridge
Option 7: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, 1 Micron Sediment Filter, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Replacement Filters and Life Spans
Additional Option for Ultra Filtration System
Arkal Disc Filter
The Disc filter would be installed before the complete home big blue system.
The disc filter will remove any large sediment, dirt, rust, sand and other large visible particles in the water.
The disc filter will also help to extend the lifespan of your finer particle filters, by leaving only the smaller particles and colors for the Sediment Filters to remove.
The disc filter’s cartridge is reusable, and once it becomes filled you simply open the housing, remove the cartridge, wash it under a tap and then replace it in the housing.
The Disc Filter is available in the following options:
- 1 Inch Disc Filter (55 Micron)
- 1 Inch Super Disc Filter (55 Micron)
- 2 Inch Disc Filter (20 Micron)
* The main difference between the three options is the surface areas, with the 1 Inch Disc Filter having the smallest and the 2 Inch Disc Filter having the largest. This simply means that the 2 Inch Disc Filter would need to rinsed less often than the 1 Inch units.
The 2 Inch Disc Filter also filters to a finer level, than the 1-inch Units.