Under The Counter Ultra Violet Filtration Systems
Ultra Violet (UV) light has proved to be very effective in destroying harmful bacteria and viruses in water. UV filtration provides a safe and simple way to ensuring your drinking water is of high quality.
Our Under the Counter Ultra Violet Filtration System is a complete water purification solution that includes special filters to ensure that it produces healthy, clean water.
- UV light kills harmful micro-organisms in the water
- Filtered water tastes and smells great
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- Removes impurities and chemicals such as Chlorine
- No water wasted during filtration
- Large filtration capacity
- Low maintenance
Also keep in mind:
- The system requires a source of electricity to operate
- A hole must be drilled into the kitchen counter to install the system's faucet.
- The Sediment, Activated Carbon and the Granular Active Carbon (GAC) Filters need to be replaced every 6 months to maintain a high quality water output
- The particles that make up pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in the UV filtration system. Should this be a concern, consider installing the Under the Counter Reverse Osmosis System.
- The Ultraviolet Light bulb needs replacement once a year. Even though it may still appear to function well after this period, it will start to become less effective at killing bacteria and other micro-organisms.
How does it work?
The standard under the counter UV system has 5 Stages, below is an outline of each filter and what exactly it removes from the water.
How much does it cost?
|6 Month Filter Set
|| R 285.00
|10 Inch Sediment Filter
|| R 50.00
|10 Inch Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)
|| R 75.00
|10 Inch Activated Carbon Block
|| R 75.00
|T33 Tatste and Odour Filter
|| R 85.00
|1 Year (12 Month Life Span):
|200 LPH Ultra Violet Bulb (E - 60)
|| R 599.00
|450 LPH Ultra Violet Bulb (E - 120)
|| R 649.00
What’s in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10” Sediment filter
- 10” Granular Activated Carbon
- 10” Activated Carbon Block with 5 micron filter
- Ultra Violet Light (226 or 400 )
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- ¼ inch White tubing
- Chrome tap
- T33 taste and odor filter
- Pipe Fittings ( Joins, Elbows, T – joints, valves)
Not included in the price:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. a courier service)
- Replacement filters
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be cause by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
Pressure Reducing Valve:
The system and its housings are rated for a maximum pressure of 6 bars, higher than that and the housing will crack or "bulge". If you have very high water pressure or you know that your source pressure is prone to sudden pressure spikes then it is strongly recommend that you get a pressure reducing valve.
The Pressure reducing valve will keep the incoming pressure from exceeding 6 bar and so prevent the unit from being damaged.
Premium KDF instead of carbon filters:
Changing the carbon filters for Premium KDF filters will change the maintenance of the carbon filters to every 24 months, thus only the 1st and the 5th filter will need to be changed every 6 months. For more information on KDF and its benefits click here.
If you have Bacteria in your Source Water:
If you have bacteria in your source water:
If the bacteria builds up in the system it will result in biofouling of the membrane, this will then result in getting worse water out of the filter system than you actually had before it. Therefore we highly recommend changing the system into a double barrier system if you suspect that you have bacteria in your source water. This can be done by replacing the second filter (the GAC) with a Premium KDF that will prevent a build-up of bacteria in the filter. We then add a physical barrier to bacteria by replacing the third filter (the Carbon Block) with a Ultra Filtration Cartridge.This filter will need to be changed once a year but will greatly improve the system's ability to handle contaminated source water at a fraction of the cost of a custom small industrial system.
Chilling and Heating options
Are you looking to have your filtered water chilled and heated then there are several options avaliable:
Plumbed in water dispenser
We have several variations of plumbed in water dispensers avaliable, all of which can be connected directly up to the filter system allowing you to chill and heat the filtered water.
Ideal for office, commercial and domestic situations.
You can find more information on the plumbed in water dispensers at the following link.