Double Counter-Top Filter with Sediment Filter and GAC
The Double Counter-Top Filtration System is stylishly positioned next to your kitchen sink. It enhances the general character and appeal of your kitchen while offering you the convenience of great tasting water on tap.
- Will remove sediment, rust, dirt, and other visible particles in the water.
- The GAC will also absorb chlorine and organic molecules (bad odors) from the water.
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water
- No water wasted during filtration
- Low maintenance
- Low filter replacement cost
- No electricity required
- No specialized expertise required to install the unit
- Small system, requiring very little space
What it won't remove:
- Heavy metals
- Pesticides or Herbicides
- Hardness (Lime / Kalk)
- It will not change the mineral content (Total Dissolved Solids / TDS) of the water in any way.
How it works:
Keep in mind:
- The nature and positioning of the housings on a countertop system will mean that gravity will still continue to push water out of the system for a short time even after the tap is switched off. This is especially true of the units that have the fine Filter/s options (such as ceramic, 0.2 Micron, or Absolute Cartridge).
- As the GAC Cartridge contains carbon, some carbon dust will be released (black particles) will be released when first installing a new system or replacing the filters. This carbon dust is not harmful, however, may not be pleasant to drink. You will need to flush the system for between 5 to 15 minutes to remove all the carbon dust inside. Then the water should be clear, and you can begin to use the system.
- Minerals and pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit. Should this be a concern, consider installing the Home Reverse Osmosis System.
- The system requires that a small water pipe is attached to the end of your standard kitchen tap.
Dimensions of the Counter Top
Clear or White Housing/s
The Counter Top System is Available in either clear or white plastic housing/s.
There is no price difference between the two housings.
The one benefit of the clear housing over the white housing is it allows you to see the condition of some of the filters (depending on the filter/s selected with the system.
However, the clear housing option does have some drawbacks as well, with the first being that the nature of clear plastic means that it is more brittle. As a result, it is more likely to crack or break if mishandled.
Another potential drawback of a clear housing is that it does allow light in, and so if you install the countertop system where there is direct sunlight, you are more likely to see the growth of Algae on the filter/s (green grow). Please keep this in mind when selecting your housing color.
What’s in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- 1 x Plastic Housings with Stand & Wall Mounting Bracket
- 1 x Chrome Spout
- 1 x Diverter valve and piping
- 1 x 10" Sediment Filter (5 Micron)
- 1 x 10" Granular Activated Carbon (GAC/UDF)
Not Included in the Price:
- Installation Charges
- Delivery Charges
- Additional Replacement Cartridges (Can be added at an Extra Charge)
Shipping Dimensions and Weight
Approximate Dimensions*: 40cm x 34cm x 18cm
Approximate Weight*: 3.4kg
*Please note that the dimensions and weights may differ depending on additional options selected, and packaging available on hand.