Gold Under-Counter Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
The Gold Reverse Osmosis (RO) system is one of the most complete under the counter systems available. It has the ability to eliminate up to 99.8% of harmful contaminants in water such as bacteria, viruses, lead, radium, chlorine and arsenic. It makes use of a multi-stage filtration technology.
With the RO system, you can be rest assured that your drinking water is clean, clear and healthy.
The Gold Reverse Osmosis system can be used with numerous source waters including Municipal, Borehole Hole, River, Rain Water, Etc.
Other Reverse Osmosis Packages are also avaliable:
- Silver Reverse Osmosis system
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis (Recommend for Municipal Source Water only)
Alternatively you can design your own Custom Domestic RO System Package.
The Gold Reverse Osmosis System (RO) Includes the following:
- 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis system (with or without a Booster Pump)
- 200 GPD (Gallons Per Day) Reverse Osmosis Membrane
- Bacteria Pre-Filters Set (Sediment Filter (1 Micron), Premium KDF, & Ultra Filtration Cartridge)
- Mineral Injector
- Pressure Protection Valve
It is Also Avaliable on Takealot.com
If you would like to purchase this Product using a Credit Card Online, or with eBucks, or with Discovery Miles then you can order it through Takealot.com*.
Please follow the link below:
*Please Note That the Prices and Specifications of the products supplied through Takealot may vary from those on Filtershop's Website.
- Maintenance is easy
- Filtered water tastes and smells great.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible
- Removes 99.8% of all contaminants in water
- Flushing of the membrane is done Automatically
- The low mineral content water is great for detoxifying your body
- The low mineral content water helps to prevent and dissolve kidney stones
- Delivers up to 700 Liters (200 Gallons) of filtered water per day
Gold Reverse Osmosis system Stages:
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter (1 Micron) - Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water. At 1 Micron You also start to capture some bacteria from the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Premium KDF Cartridge - Absorbs Chlorine, Heavy Metals and Organic molecules (bad odours) from the water. The KDF also inhibits the Growth of bacteria on the cartridges, extending their life spans.
- Stage 3: 10 Inch 0.2 Micron Pleated Filtration Cartridge - 10" 0.2 Micron Water Filter replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain. This filter takes the bacteria load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend it's lifespan.
- Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane - Removes bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and reduces the mineral content (TDS) of a water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odour filter - Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the RO membrane.
- Stage 6: Mineral Injector - Replaces some of the mineral lost during the Reverse Osmosis Process, changing the taste of the water.
Keep in mind:
- The Under the Counter RO requires a minimum of 3 bar water pressure to operate correctly, if you water pressure is low then you will need a system with a Booster pump. Keep in mind that the Booster Pump will require electricity to operate.
- The system has a water wastage rate of up to 4:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 Liter of clean, filtered water produced, up to 4 liters will be used to flush the system.
- The RO System removes 99.8% of the minerals from water, including those that are good for you. However, a mineral injector can be added to the system to replace some of the minerals if this is of serious concern.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration systems is to check which pipe under the counter is bringing the water to the tap and what size the source piping is. The standard household piping size is normally 1/2" (12.7mm) or 3/4" (19mm) thick. Some older houses have copper piping size instead of a newer system and in such cases special attachment will be required to install the RO to the copper piping. In order to ensure that you do not have to buy additional adapters due the connections not matching the piping, please check what type and size your piping is before ordering a filtration system.
- A hole will have to be drilled into the counter or table where the RO tap will be placed.
- The filters all have a certian life span and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively.
- If the source water contains bacteria it may start to grow on the membrane and biofouling may occur.
What's in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10" Sediment Filter (1 Micron)
- 10" Premium KDF Cartridge
- 10" 0.2 Micron Water Filter replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain. This filter takes the bacteria load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend it's life span.
- 200GPD (Gallons Per Day) Reverse Osmosis membrane
- Inline Mineral Injector
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White tubing
- 3 x 10" Filter housings
- RO Membrane Housing
- RO Tank
- Chrome Tap
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves)
- Flow restrictor
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
Not Included in the prices:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. Courier / Shipping Charges)
- Replacement Filters
Pressure Protection Valve
Filter Set Options
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis System comes with Sediment Filter, GAC, and Activated Carbon Block
- Silver and Gold Reverse Osmosis Systems come with either Sediment Filter, KDF, & Ultra Filtration (UF) cartridge, or Sediment Filter, & 2 x KDF Cartridges
The mineral injector helps to replace some of the minerals lost during the Reverse Osmosis (RO) process. The Mineral injector is filled with small beads of mineral, as the water passes through the mineral injector small amounts of minerals breaks away from the beads and are carried with the water. Our mineral injectors inserts traces of potassium, calcium, magnesium, germanium and iron.
- Potassium: Potassium is vitally important for the functioning of all the cells in the body, especially in the maintenance of neurons (nerve and brain cell). It is also an essential micro nutrient that - together with sodium, chlorine, magnesium and calcium - plays an important roll in maintaining the body's electrolyte balance.
- Calcium: All the muscles, bones and cells in the body require calcium to function. Calcium is also needed to facilitate the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
- Magnesium: Magnesium improves the function of the mucles, heart and kidneys, by promoting the circulation of blood in the body. It helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
- Germanium: Germanium is a plant-based mineral that has the property of being toxic to bacteria, but harmless to humans and animals. When ingested, it has also been found to stimulate metabolism of the body. It also has the ability to absorb heavy metals and impurities from water.
- Iron: Iron is one of the main components of hemoglobin, the substance that enables your red blood cells to transport oxygen around your body. It is also part of myoglobin, which enables mucles to store oxygen that is used for cellular respiration.
- The Mineral injector has a life span of 12 months (1 Year) and then it will need to be replaced.
How To DIY Install:
DIY Filter Change:
Interesting DIY Modification:
This is an alternative way to connect the system that allows a much higher flow rate from the tap.
Adds an alternative water point.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit, and serves to protect against damage that may be cause by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
The Standard RO System comes with a 18 Litre RO Buffer Tank, which will hold between 6 to 12 liters of water. The tank can be upgraded to a larger tank is desired.
Please note that the standard tank will be removed from the system if a larger tank is selected.
Please also note that the larger tank will not fit in the same box as the RO system, so there would then be two parcels.
Please see the tank Dimensions for the larger tanks below, please note that Filtershop cannot be held responsible if the tank is too large for the cupboard or area you want to install the RO system into.
Please ensure that you have read through the description in detail and that you have selected the correct product options for your situation as the plumbers would only be able to advise you on installation and not on the filters themselves.
Possible Concerns or Issues that might affect the pricing of the installation
- Insufficient Space for the system
- Not enough pipe
- Rotten Cupboards
- Incorrect Pipe Sizes for the supply connector selected
- Old Pipes/ connections
- Electricity and water supply needs to be easily accessible.
- Overpressure and didn’t select a protection valve (will then need to buy a Pressure Protection Valve at extra cost)
Note however that 90% of our clients normally do DIY Installations and the kits are designed with that in mind.