Silver Under-Counter Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
The Silver Reverse Osmosis (RO) system is one of the most complete under the counter systems available. It has the ability to eliminate up to 99.8% of harmful contaminants in water such as bacteria, viruses, lead, radium, chlorine, and arsenic. It makes use of a multi-stage filtration technology.
With the RO system, you can rest assured that your drinking water is clean, clear and healthy.
The Silver Reverse Osmosis system can be used with numerous source waters including Municipal, Borehole Hole, River, Rain Water, Etc.
Other Reverse Osmosis Packages are also available:
- Gold Reverse Osmosis
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis (Recommend for Municipal Source Water only)
Alternatively, you can design your own Custom Domestic RO System Package.
The Silver Reverse Osmosis System (RO) Includes the following:
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system (with or without a Booster Pump)
- 100 GPD (Gallons Per Day) Filmtec Membrane
- Bacteria Pre-Filters Set (Sediment Filter (1 Micron), Premium KDF, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filtration Cartridge)
- Pressure Protection Valve
Also Available on Takealot.com
If you would like to Purchase this product using a Credit Card Online, or with eBucks, or with Discovery Miles some of them are also available on Takealot.com*.
Please follow the link below:
*Please Note That the Prices and Specifications of the products supplied through Takealot may differ from those on Filtershop's Website.
**Please Note that the Silver Reverse Osmosis systems supplied through takealot include the mineral injector as standard.
- Maintenance is easy
- Filtered water tastes and smells great.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible
- Removes 99.8% of all contaminants in water
- Flushing of the membrane is done Automatically
- The low mineral content water is great for detoxifying your body
- The low mineral content water helps to prevent and dissolve kidney stones
- Delivers up to 380 Liters (100 Gallons) of filtered water per day
Silver Reverse Osmosis System Stages:
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter (1 Micron) - Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water. At 1 Micron You also start to capture some bacteria from the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Premium KDF Cartridge - Absorbs Chlorine, Heavy Metals and Organic molecules (bad odors) from the water. The KDF also inhibits the Growth of bacteria on the cartridges, extending their life spans.
- Stage 3: 10 Inch Pleated Filter - Filters the water down to 0.2 Micron capturing fine particles and bacteria from the water. The Pleated Filter takes the load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend its life span.
- Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane - Removes bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and reduces the mineral content (TDS) of a water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odor filter - Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the RO membrane.
Keep in mind:
- The Under the Counter RO requires a minimum of 3 bar water pressure to operate correctly, if your water pressure is low then you will need a system with a Booster pump. Keep in mind that the Booster Pump will require electricity to operate.
- The system has a water wastage rate of up to 4:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 Liter of clean, filtered water produced, up to 4 liters will be used to flush the system.
- The RO System removes 99.8% of the minerals from water, including those that are good for you. However, a mineral injector can be added to the system to replace some of the minerals if this is of serious concern.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration systems is to check which pipe under the counter is bringing the water to the tap and what size the source piping is. The standard household piping size is normally 1/2" (12.7mm) or 3/4" (19mm) thick. Some older houses have copper piping size instead of a newer system and in such cases, special attachment will be required to install the RO to the copper piping. In order to ensure that you do not have to buy additional adapters due to the connections not matching the piping, please check what type and size your piping is before ordering a filtration system.
- A hole will have to be drilled into the counter or table where the RO tap will be placed.
- The filters all have a certain lifespan and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively.
- If the source water contains bacteria it may start to grow on the membrane and biofouling may occur.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE REPLACED THE UF MEMBRANE WITH 0.2 MICRON PLEATED FILTERS.
What's in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10" Sediment Filter (1 Micron)
- 10" Premium KDF Cartridge
- 10" Pleated Filter (0.2 Micron)
- Filmtec Reverse Osmosis membrane (100 Gallon per day)
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White Tubing
- 3 x 10" Filter Housings
- RO Membrane Housing
- RO Tank
- Chrome Tap
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves)
- Flow restrictor
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
Not Included in the prices:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. Courier / Shipping Charges)
- Replacement Filters
Pressure Protection Valve
Filter Set Options
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis System comes with Sediment Filter, GAC, and Activated Carbon Block
- Silver and Gold Reverse Osmosis Systems come with either Sediment Filter, KDF, & Ultra Filtration (UF) cartridge, or Sediment Filter, & 2 x KDF Cartridges
How To DIY Install:
DIY Filter Change:
Interesting DIY Modification:
This is an alternative way to connect the system that allows a much higher flow rate from the tap.
Adds an alternative water point.
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit and serves to protect against damage that may be caused by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
The mineral injector helps to replace some of the minerals lost during the Reverse Osmosis (RO) process. The Mineral injector is filled with small beads of mineral, as the water passes through the mineral injector small amounts of minerals breaks away from the beads and are carried with the water. Our mineral injectors insert traces of potassium, calcium, magnesium, germanium, and iron.
- Potassium: Potassium is vitally important for the functioning of all the cells in the body, especially in the maintenance of neurons (nerve and brain cell). It is also an essential micro nutrient that - together with sodium, chlorine, magnesium, and calcium - plays an important roll in maintaining the body's electrolyte balance.
- Calcium: All the muscles, bones and cells in the body require calcium to function. Calcium is also needed to facilitate the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
- Magnesium: Magnesium improves the function of the muscles, heart, and kidneys, by promoting the circulation of blood in the body. It helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
- Germanium: Germanium is a plant-based mineral that has the property of being toxic to bacteria, but harmless to humans and animals. When ingested, it has also been found to stimulate the metabolism of the body. It also has the ability to absorb heavy metals and impurities from water.
- Iron: Iron is one of the main components of hemoglobin, the substance that enables your red blood cells to transport oxygen around your body. It is also part of myoglobin, which enables muscles to store oxygen that is used for cellular respiration.
- The Mineral injector has a lifespan of 12 months (1 Year) and then it will need to be replaced.
Upgrade Tap to Luxury Tap
You can upgrade the standard smaller tap that comes with the Reverse Osmosis System to a Large Luxury Tap.
The Standard RO System comes with an 18 Litre RO Buffer Tank, which will hold between 6 to 12 liters of water. The tank can be upgraded to a larger tank is desired.
Please note that the standard tank will be removed from the system if a larger tank is selected.
Please also note that the larger tank will not fit in the same box as the RO system, so there would then be two parcels.
Please see the tank Dimensions for the larger tanks below, please note that Filtershop cannot be held responsible if the tank is too large for the cupboard or area you want to install the RO system into.
Installation in Pretoria or Johannesburg
We have an agreement with a 3rd party plumbing company for fixed priced installations for standard installations. This allows us to offer installation as an option via our online store. This should cover most situations but as it is a 3rd party company that will be performing the actual installation of your system if additional work or parts are required the installer will have to be paid for this directly.
Please ensure that you have read through the description in detail and that you have selected the correct product options for your situation as the plumbers would only be able to advise you on installation and not on the filters themselves.
If you have a marble or granite countertop please select the additional option if you want to faucet mounted in the countertop.
Possible Concerns or Issues that might affect the pricing of the installation
- Insufficient Space for the system
- Not enough pipe
- Rotten Cupboards
- Incorrect Pipe Sizes for the supply connector selected
- Old Pipes/ connections
- Electricity and water supply needs to be easily accessible.
- Overpressure and didn’t select a protection valve (will then need to buy a Pressure Protection Valve at extra cost)
Note however that 90% of our clients normally do DIY Installations and the kits are designed with that in mind.