Bronze Under-Counter Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis (RO) system is one of the most complete under the counter systems available. It has the ability to eliminate up to 99.8% of harmful contaminants in water such as bacteria, viruses, lead, radium, chlorine, and arsenic. It makes use of multi-stage filtration technology.
With the RO system, you can rest assured that your drinking water is clean, clear and healthy.
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis system is recommended for Municipal Source Waters Only. If you want to use alternative source water such as a Boreholes or Rivers, then we would recommend looking at the Silver Reverse Osmosis system or Gold Reverse Osmosis system.
Alternatively, you can design your own Custom Domestic RO System Package.
The Bronze Reverse Osmosis System (RO) Includes the following:
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system (with or without a Booster Pump)
- 100 GPD (Gallons Per Day) Vontron Membrane
- Standard Pre-Filters for Municipal water (Sediment Filter, Granular Activated Carbon (GAC), & Activated Carbon Block)
- Pressure Protection Valve
Also Available on Takealot.com
If you would like to Purchase this product using a Credit Card Online, or with eBucks, or with Discovery Miles some of them are also available on Takealot.com*.
Please follow the link below:
*Please Note That the Prices and Specifications of the products supplied through Takealot may differ from those on Filtershop's Website.
- Maintenance is easy and low cost
- Filtered water tastes and smells great.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible
- Removes 99.8% of all contaminants in water
- Flushing of the membrane is done Automatically
- The low mineral content water is great for detoxifying your body
- The low mineral content water helps to prevent and dissolve kidney stones
- Delivers up to 380 Liters (100 Gallons) of filtered water per day
Bronze Reverse Osmosis System Stages:
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter - Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) - Absorbs Chlorine and Organic molecules (bad odors) from the water.
- Stage 3: 10 Inch Activated Carbon Block - Further Reduces Chlorine and Organic Molecules in the source water. Also comes with a 5-micron carbon to capture any carbon that breaks off.
- Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane - Removes bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and reduces the mineral content (TDS) of a water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odor filter - Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the RO membrane.
Keep in mind:
- The Under the Counter RO requires a minimum of 3 bar water pressure to operate correctly, if your water pressure is low then you will need a system with a Booster pump. Keep in mind that the Booster Pump will require electricity to operate.
- The system has a water wastage rate of up to 4:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 Liter of clean, filtered water produced, up to 4 liters will be used to flush the system.
- The RO System removes 99.8% of the minerals from water, including those that are good for you. However, a mineral injector can be added to the system to replace some of the minerals if this is of serious concern.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration systems is to check which pipe under the counter is bringing the water to the tap and what size the source piping is. The standard household piping size is normally 1/2" (12.7mm) or 3/4" (19mm) thick. Some older houses have copper piping size instead of a newer system and in such cases, the special attachment will be required to install the RO to the copper piping. In order to ensure that you do not have to buy additional adapters due to the connections not matching the piping, please check what type and size your piping is before ordering a filtration system.
- A hole will have to be drilled into the counter or table where the RO tap will be placed.
- The filters all have a certain lifespan and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively, specifically the Sediment filter, Granular Activated Carbon, Carbon Block and T33 Carbon (Taste & Odour Filter) which must be replaced every 6 to 8 months.
- If the source water contains bacteria it may start to grow on the membrane and biofouling may occur.
Bronze Reverse Osmosis (RO) Replacement Filter Set
3 to 6 Month Life Span*
|5um (Micron) Sediment Filter
|Granular Activated Carbon Filter
|Activated Carbon Block Filter
|Total for whole set of 6 moths filters
|2 to 3 Year Life Span*
|100 GPD RO Membrane
*Keep in mind that the Life Span of filters andMembrane is dependent on the quality of the source of the water.
In situations with very poor source water quality the life span of the filters can be greately reduced.
What's in the box?
Here are the items and components that are included in the price:
- Mounting bracket
- 10" Sediment Filter
- 10" Granular Activated Carbon
- 10" Activated Carbon Block with 5 Micron Filter
- Reverse Osmosis membrane (100 Gallon per day)
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White Tubing
- 3 x 10" Filter Housings
- RO Membrane Housing
- RO Tank
- Chrome Tap
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves)
- Flow restrictor
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
Not Included in the prices:
- Plumbing and installation costs
- Delivery costs (i.e. Courier / Shipping Charges)
- Replacement Filters
Pressure Protection Valve
Filter Set Options
- Bronze Reverse Osmosis System comes with Sediment Filter, GAC, and Activated Carbon Block
- Silver and Gold Reverse Osmosis Systems come with either Sediment Filter, KDF, & Ultra Filtration (UF) cartridge, or Sediment Filter, & 2 x KDF Cartridges
How To DIY Install:
DIY Filter Change:
Interesting DIY Modification:
This is an alternative way to connect the system that allows a much higher flow rate from the tap.
Adds an alternative water point.
The Permeate Pump greatly increases the efficiency of a standard 100 GPD RO System. Take a 100GPD RO System from 38% to 64% efficiency. For more information visit the product page here: Link
The Leak detector is installed on to the under the counter unit and serves to protect against damage that may be caused by any leakage of the filter system.
The leak detector will cut off the source water if there are any leaks coming from the main unit.
Keep in mind that the leak detector will not stop leaks from the unit's source connector and faucet.
The Standard RO System comes with an 18 Litre RO Buffer Tank, which will hold between 6 to 12 litres of water. The tank can be upgraded to a larger tank is desired.
Please note that the standard tank will be removed from the system if a larger tank is selected.
Please also note that the larger tank will not fit in the same box as the RO system, so there would then be two parcels.
Please see the tank Dimensions for the larger tanks below, please note that Filtershop cannot be held responsible if the tank is too large for the cupboard or area you want to install the RO system into.